Advanced Legal Update
April 24, 2018
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Please join us for lunch as our Community Association team of attorneys share important details on topics trending in the Community Association industry.
- Lunch provided
(Reservation is required and currently closed)
Seasons 52 | City Centre
Probate 101 and How it Can Affect the Ability to Collect/Enforce
- An owner dies and owes assessments, now what?
- No probate has been opened and the association wants to get paid
- Navigating the probate court cost and time frames
Cheers! Alcohol on Association Property
- Steps the association should take
- Insurance that the association should have
- Who is serving, who is paying, who is bringing the booze?
Neighborhood Watch Groups: Deterrence vs. Security
- Should there be a committee of the association?
- Communications to the neighborhood
- Recreational/Hobby Use
- Applicable Law (Federal & State)
- Use of Drones by Associations
How to Have a Successful Meeting (Not a Contentious Meeting)
- Who should chair the meeting?
- Orderly member input
- Do we need the police?
Annexation Glitches and Correction Strategies
- Someone left out some important wording
- The annexation agreement was filed after lots were sold
- The annexation agreement was filed in the wrong county