Advanced Legal Seminar
February 7, 2018
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Please join us for lunch as our Community Association team of attorneys share important details on topics trending in the Community Association industry.
- Lunch Provided
"Tweet others as you would like to be tweeted"
Social media and your community
- Avoiding the pitfalls of social media with hypothetical scenarios from a manager’s perspective.
- What happens when postings undermine the board and manager?
- How to counter what is being said when it’s not true, but not defamatory.
Association lien vs homestead rights
- Springing liens
- Inception of lien
- Continuing lien
- Elimination of lien
Taming the Lions of Litigation
- Top five problems leading to litigation and how to avoid them
- How to best handle a new suit for early resolution
Cover Your Assets
- Your annual checkup
- What could go bump in the night?
Show me the minutes!
- Initiating foreclosure
- Initiating enforcement actions
- Meeting minutes and protecting privacy